PDQ Inv Auto-reports: Do not generate report if collection is empty?

Hi all, PDQ newcomer here - awesome product!

My intention is to use the auto-reporting email function as a form of alerting for several things.

One example, I have a daily auto-report of all PCs that have <10% drive space and I'd like to call this to my attention via an email alert as opposed to manually checking a collection configured to show PCs with <10% free space.

Now, AFAIK If the report produces no results, the report and email is still generated - and I'm still compelled to open the email and check the pdf attachment for problem machines. Setting up a decent quantity of daily auto-reports for various issues and checking email with no contents can become a bit of a grind.

For the sake of reducing unnecessary spam is there a way to squelch a report/email send if the report finds 0 results?

(If not, is there a process to put the idea in a feature request hat?)

Thanks

Cancel
login to comment

Thank you for the feedback. This is something we are looking into, but I have no ETA on when/if it will happen.

Cancel
login to comment

Yes, this would be a super feature. I currently have a few auto reports generated looking for deltas, but they mostly are empty reports. It would be best if the report contained a delta (data after being filtering), that would trigger an auto report. Any chance this might happen?

Cancel
login to comment

Agree 100%

Cancel
login to comment

I'll put my hand up for wanting this too. I don't make use of the auto report feature for the same reasons mentioned above.

Cancel
login to comment

Hi

We too would like this feature, we only want to e-mail certain reports if the collection isn't empty.

Cancel
login to comment