Anyway to pull the department field from AD into the inventory screen

Is there any way to pull a users department from AD and have it show up as a column in the main inventory screen?

If not, is there a way to pull that data and include it in reporting?

I'm ultimately attempting to create workstation lifecycle reports and would like to break them up by department.

Thanks, Aaron

Cancel
login to comment

I was hoping there would be an easy way to pull this information with the WMI scanner, but my initial research is proving to be quite futile 😦 Due to the nature of information WMI pulls in from AD it has the information of ALL computers in the local tables. Even if the scan worked you would not be able to add this information to the columns in Inventory.

This would be query you could run to pull those fields into Inventory, but currently there is not a method for expanding variables in a WMI Scanner's query statement: SELECT DS_department FROM ds_computer WHERE ds_name="TARGETCOMPUTERNAME"

Your best bet would be to gather the information with PowerShell and import that data into a Custom Field. I'm going to see if I can get some features considered for the future internally, but no promises.

Cancel
login to comment

Thanks for taking a look and the future consideration

Cancel
login to comment