Feature Request: Target History

Dearest PDQ Guys,

I perform lots of test deployments to several VMs and desktops before I use them in production.

I was wondering if it's possible to implement a simple history drop down when you start typing a target hostname or IP.. maybe with an option in settings to turn it off and also limit it to e.g. remember 15 last targets. This will save me trying to remember the name of the machine each time.

I understand thee is a deployment history, but this doesn't always help as there can be some time between deployments.

Just to be sure, here is the exact area I mean for the dropdown to appear:

enter image description here

Apologies if this has been requested before.

Cheers, Jake

Cancel
login to comment

Hey Jake, thanks for submitting this request. We've noted your request, but I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know of a couple of ways you could handle this right now, just not as a discrete feature you've described.

The first way being target lists. I actually keep a target list of computers I routinely deploy tests to here internally. There's a shortcut here not everyone may be aware, if you drag and drop a Package to the Target List in the tree, or vice versa, it will open a deploy once window for that Package and those Targets.

target lists!

There is also the option to Remember these targets for next time, on the Deploy Once window.

Deploy Once Remembers!

Cancel
login to comment

I knew you guys don't miss a trick. Perfect, thanks!

Cancel
login to comment