Autogenerated command missing path

Hi,

I have a problem with a package and was hoping to get some help for you all:

When my package settings are as follows:

INSTALL FILE FIELD:

\\fserver\apps\Adobe\CurrentReader\AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US\AcroRead.msi

PARAMETERS FIELD:

TRANSFORMS=\\fserver\apps\Adobe\CurrentReader\AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US\MCSAcroRead.mst

INCLUDE ENTER DIRECTORIES BOX: Checked

MSI OPTIONS: Install Never Yes

SUCCESS CODES: 0,1641,3010,2359302

AUTO GENERATED COMMAND LINE FIELD:

msiexec.exe /i "AcroRead.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log TRANSFORMS=\\fserver\apps\Adobe\CurrentReader\AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US\MCSAcroRead.mst

I notice that my PDQ Deploy 16 install fails with:

DEBUG: Error 2203:  Database: \\fserver\apps\Adobe\CurrentReader\AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US\MCSAcroRead.mst. Cannot open database file. System error -2147287035
1: 2203 2: \\fserver\apps\Adobe\CurrentReader\AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US\MCSAcroRead.mst 3: -2147287035 
MSI (s) (BC:B4) [05:40:59:171]: Product: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (BC:B4) [05:40:59:171]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Product Version: 15.007.20033. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Installation success or error status: 1624.

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
\\fserver\apps\Adobe\CurrentReader\AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US\MCSAcroRead.mst

However... However, when I copy the generated command line field (above) and replace the "AcroRead.msi" with "\\fserver\apps\Adobe\CurrentReader\AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US\AcroRead.msi" then manual testing on the test machine at the command line results in success.

Why does the autogeenerated command line not include the path like the following statement?:

msiexec.exe /i "\\fserver\apps\Adobe\CurrentReader\AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US\AcroRead.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log TRANSFORMS=\\fserver\apps\Adobe\CurrentReader\AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US\MCSAcroRead.mst

My gut feeling is that the solution is related to a variable.

Thanks you. -Ajay

Cancel
login to comment

I quickly wanted to mention that while my custom msiexec command, with the added path, works when applied locally on the test machine but my deployment still fails as it can not find the TRANSFORM file or something. I triple checked the pathing know it to be good.

Cancel
login to comment

The files in the Install Files field copied over to the target machine, along with any additional files or entire directory if configured. The string in the command line box is ran on the target machine from the context of the directory those files were copied to on your target machine.

I suggest trying to just put only TRANSFORMS=MCSAcroRead.mst in your parameters instead of the full UNC path to prevent the install from trying to grab those resources over the network since you are already copying those files on deployment.

If that doesn't help, would you mind taking a screenshot of the install step you currently have configured to take a look at your settings to make sure I follow you explanation.

Did this solution work ? @AjayPrashar

Cancel
login to comment