Possible to Search for Local Users that aren't part of a predefined set?

Maybe the logic that would be required to create a dynamic collection for this is escaping me right now, but I'm trying to create a collection that looks for any computer with a local user account other than a set which I define (Administrator, Guest, User1, User2).  Is this possible?  The only results I've had was either all the computers in my database, or only ones with no local users listed.  Any idea or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cancel
login to comment

Yeah, the query logic can get a tad confusing sometimes. Try this. Have one filter in your collection. 

Local User Name does not match expression ^(Administrator|Guest|User1|User2)$

For any additional user account names that you want to exclude just add a new pipe ( | ) and the user name. Make sure all the names are with in the parentheses. The pipe in Regular Expressions serves as an OR operator. So this is the equivalent of saying "show me any computer that has a local user account that isn't called Administrator or Guest or User1 or User2"

You can build a new report (to save the new report you have to have Inventory running in Pro Mode) which will actually show you the computer and the unauthorized local user account. 

For those SQL heads out there the example above is the equivalent of using the NOT IN operator in a SQL query.

Cancel
login to comment