Detect Current User With Locked Screen (Win 7 Pro) in PDQ Inventory?

Is it possible for PDQ Inventory to display the current user in the User column after a Computer Details scan if that user (using Windows 7 Pro) has their computer locked, or at least show detection of a locked screen? As an IT person at our facility, after performing a Computer Details scan on a computer I found no user name listed in the PDQ Inventory User column (implying that no user is logged in) only to discover once I remote into their system that the user IS indeed logged in but with their lock screen enabled. It would be great if I could know that in Inventory prior to establishing a user workstation maintenance remote session.

Cancel
login to comment

Verified that we are currently on PDQ Inventory 5.2.0.0., which probably explains everything. Thanks for the info. Great product btw. Makes our IT lives here MUCH easier.

Cancel
login to comment

Hi Reginald,

What version of Inventory are you currently using?  This feature was enhanced in some later builds of Inventory 5.2.0.0 and available in Inventory 6.1.0.0 and on to show the active user, active user (locked), and active user (disconnected) statuses.  Remember that the information shown isn't real time but reflective of the last Computer Info scan done on that machine.

active_user.png

*** Note - After version 5.2.0.0 the new API's that were used to scan for this info no longer work on Windows XP ***

Cancel
login to comment