Auto Report send email only if report has any results?

Is it possible to have an auto report not send out an email if there are no results in the report?  We do a daily compliance report and we would like it to send no emails if the report is clean.  Is this possible?

Cancel
login to comment

Following up on this as well.  I really need this ability. Or at the very least, give me a variable in auto-reports to show the record count for the report.   I know that is difficult since auto-reports can contain many reports, but could add a section in the variables drop down for each report.  

Example:
Auto-report has two reports.  Offline Computers and New Installations

In the (x) drop down, there would be a folder called reports > and then some variables like:

Offline Computers:Count

New Installations:Count

This way I could use $(Offline Computers:Count) in my report body or subject.

Cancel
login to comment

Hello,

Did this feature ever get added to Inventory?

Cancel
login to comment

Thanks Andrew and Mmuni. I've added this to a feature request along with a sample use-case in addition to Mmuni's.

Cancel
login to comment

Me too.

I have a daily report that sends out any new applications that may have somehow been installed on any of our computers that is not authorized. I'm in the process of updating the report to exclude things like new java/flash updates and any approved applications. After this the report is blank unless their is really something for me to look at.

Cancel
login to comment