I noticed that no one seems to have a method for Quickbooks deployment. So since I have 30+ accountants machines to upgrade to Win10, I took a few minutes to scour the web and come up with a partial solution. Since Quickbooks supports current version plus 2 prior, I need to install 2014-2016 for all my staff.

The key to this is pre-deploying the support packages prior to the QB install. I already have .Net 3.5 enabled for another installation, so you may need to add this also.

Extract the setup files from the QB installer, Move the whole directory to your repository.

Deploy the following support files from the 3rd Party directories (some may not be included with every version, I used this list to predeploy all of them to save me time):
MSXML6\msxml6_x64.msi
MSXML6\msxml6_x86.msi
CRT10\QBVCRedist64.exe
CRT10\VC10RedistX86.exe
CRT12\vcredist_x64.exe
CRT12\vcredist_x86.exe
ABS\ABSPDF412Setup.exe (use /s parameter)

Now deploy Quickbooks 2014 or 2015 using a custom command line:
msiexec.exe /i "QuickBooks.msi" NSTALLMANAGER=1 ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log CKBOX_GDS=0 AgreeToLicense=Yes INSTALLDESKTOPICONS=0 MULTIUSERINSTALL=1 QB_LICENSENUM=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX QB_PRODUCTNUM=XXX-XXX PARENTAPP=INSTALLMANAGER

Make sure you include Entire Directory!!! Replace XXX with your license keys.

This will work on 2014 & 2015 only.

2016 always errors out on me, I think they removed the switches, but since the above prerequisites are already installed, it drastically shortens the install time.

I hope this helps someone else out.

Lance

Cancel
login to comment