Report to show which users are in the local admin group

Hello i'm looking to produce a report to show all computers and whos a member of local admin group.

I've found a few reports but they dont actually show who is actually part of the group

Thanks in advance 

Cancel
login to comment

Excellent thanks for your help Luke, much appreciated.

Have a nice evening 

Chris

Cancel
login to comment

Sure, add a new value filter for your exception, change the Comparison from "Does Not Equal" to "Does Not Start With" and then put in "admin." for the value.

Cancel
login to comment

Hi Luke thanks, is there also a way of doing a wildcard as i have for example admin.backup, admin.dc etc etc so that the can be excluded in bulk

Thanks

Chris

Cancel
login to comment

Hello Chris,

I was able to get something working as a test.

For "Columns" you need to tell the report what data you want displayed in the report. In this case I put "Computer > Name" and "Local Group Member > Name" as that was the information that you mentioned.

For "Filters" you need to tell the report what data to look at.
I put a group filter for "All" with two value filters underneath that group filter.
The first value filter is "Local Group > Name > Equals > Administrators" This makes it so that we only look at group membership in the "Administrators" group.
The second value filter is "Local Group Member > Group > Does Not Equal > Administrator" This makes it so that we do not see the local "Administrator" account listed for every computer. If you want to exclude any other users from your report (basically the users that you expect to be a local admin) you can add additional value filters like this one.

Because of the way the SQL behind the scenes works you will get a new line for each member of the local admins group here, so if you have four members of the "Administrators" group on machine "Test-PC" you will get a report like:

• Test-PC,ExampleUser1
  • Test-PC,ExampleUser2
  • Test-PC,ExampleUser3
  • Test-PC,ExampleUser4

If you want that data formatted differently you will probably have to move beyond a basic report and into the realm of SQL reports.

Screenshots:

Cancel
login to comment