Registry scanner woes

I'm trying to scan the registry for NetBIOS related settings but no matter what I try the registry scanner doesn't return any results. My current scanner settings are as per the image below:enter image description here

If I save this and run the scan against my computer (right click my computer, click Scan Computers and choose the NetBIOS entry from the list) I get no results and the successful scan time doesn't update. Watching the scan process goes through showing scanning... returning results... etc but nothing returned.

Looking in the event logs I see:

A service was installed in the system.

Service Name:  PDQInventory-Scanner-1
Service File Name:  "%windir%\AdminArsenal\PDQInventory-Scanner\service-1\PDQInventory-Scanner-1.exe" 
Service Type:  user mode service
Service Start Type:  demand start
Service Account:  Domain\Account

if I include a computer details scan within the NetBIOS scan profile the last scan time updates.

I'm using v 17.1 of Inventory and the scan user is a member of the local administrators group on my computer.

Any help / advice would be appreciated!

Kip

Cancel
login to comment

I get no results and the successful scan time doesn't update.

Something weird is going on. Even when I run a Registry Scanner that will never find a match ("Soostem\Magic"), Successful Scan Date is updated. Does Scan Status show any errors for the computer your scanned? What about the Scans page of the Computer window?

Cancel
login to comment

I just tried this with your exact same "Pattern" and it worked fine for me. PDQ Inventory 17.1.0.0. Win 10 Pro Release 1903 Build 10.0.18362.145. Scanning user is a domain admin.

enter image description here

Cancel
login to comment