SQL query crashing

If I run this query in PDQ Inventory report, it consistently crashes with "It appears you have uncovered a bug in PDQ Inventory":

select Applications.Name , Computers.Name from Computers left join Applications on Applications.ComputerId=Computers.ComputerID

This works ok:

select Applications.Name from Computers left join Applications on Applications.ComputerId=Computers.ComputerID

And this works ok:

select Computers.Name from Computers left join Applications on Applications.ComputerId=Computers.ComputerID

And this works ok:

select Applications.Version , Computers.Name from Computers left join Applications on Applications.ComputerId=Computers.ComputerID

Why? What can I do to make it work?

Cancel
login to comment

The answer was to rename one of the columns called Name. Eg. select Applications.Name as App , Computers.Name from Computers left join Applications on Applications.ComputerId=Computers.ComputerID

The message that was coming up was offering to submit a bug report, but if I looked closer, in among the diagnostic information it says "Error : A column named 'Name' already belongs to this DataTable."

Strange way to offer diagnostic information.

Cancel
login to comment