Create collection for only Windows OS without a certain software installed

I am trying to create a collection in PDQ Inventory that will only include our Windows OS (7, 10, 2012r2, 2016, etc) and that do not have a certain software installed. I have the collection working with the criteria of the software not being installed but it is also pulling in our Macs, linux servers, and vmware hosts that are in AD. Short of moving these devices out of the scanned tree what is the best way to run the filters so that it will only display the Windows OS without this software installed? I have tried every way I can think of and it does not return only the ones I want. It keeps showing either ALL the devices regardless of OS or only those missing the software which includes the linux/mac/vmware/etc.

Cancel
login to comment

Screenshot would be helpful. I believe you would want to set it up similar to this.

You want to search for computers that have the application install, then filter them out. That's the reason for the "Not All" filter group. It will show any computer installed with Windows. Then search for computers that have Firefox installed. Then remove the computers that have Firefox installed and leaving you with only computers running Windows without Firefox installed. Hope this helps.

applications

All

| | Computer > O/S Name > Contains > Windows

| | Not All

| | | | Applications > Name > Contains > Firefox (or whatever application you want)

Perfect. Did exactly what I was wanting. I forgot I could filter on even hidden columns and was trying to do "not unidentified" and that was not working. Thanks.

Cancel
login to comment