Scan Step to Eliminate Targets

I think I need help with setting up a package to first scan for a registry key and then to stop the deployment if the key is found. I need the package to run on computers that have a Firefox version OLDER than 15 (we have a handful of users that need to use an older version).

Initially I created a dynamic collection within Inventory, and then told the package to exclude any within that collection, but I found that some of the computers were not in the collection because they hadn't been scanned recently enough. So, I added the 'Scan' step as a pre-step to a PDQ Firefox package, and setting the registry key under the conditions tab "Does Not Exist". But I think I'm actually excluding the computer from being scanned, not from the package running, as users are getting this that shouldn't.

I'm clearly misunderstanding how to use this step, but I really need to get this package to scan and then eliminate based on the presence of a registry key. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cancel
login to comment

If it helps, here's the conditions from my package that installs the Windows build 1809.

It just checks to make sure that the version installed is an older version.
If it's 1809 or newer, the step doesn't run because "conditions not met"

I suspect Firefox has a registry entry that has the current version, that you could use in the same way.

1809 Upgrade conditions

Cancel
login to comment