Anyone use WinLogOnView?

I'm creating a package to run WinLogOnView, which is an .EXE that displays its results in a window, showing logins (network or local) over a period. What I can't figure out is how to then export that report into a file , txt, xml, it doesn't matter. Not sure if anyone has ever tried this app, but it's free and works wonderfully! https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/windows_log_on_times_view.html I'm not super well-versed in using command lines, but suspect that's where my next step lay. Step 1, run WinLogOnView.exe- (these are on remote PCs btw, scheduled for once a month). Step 2- retrieve the results and save off to a share somewhere... Is this enough info for someone to give me some advice? thanks!

Cancel
login to comment

NirSoft makes most of their command lines pretty standard, so if you use one to log something, it doesn't take much to figure out the other programs.

I use WinLogonView in a package with this "Install" step to save the results in a CSV file on a network share, one file per computer, named the same as the computer name.

Install file: \\Servername\Sharename\Logins\WinLoginOnView.exe

Parameters: /Source 1 /scomma \\Servername\Sharename\Logins%computername%Logins.csv

Results in the bottom "Command Line" displaying this:

WinLogOnView.exe /Source 1 /scomma \\Servername\Sharename\Logins%computername%Logins.csv

Cancel
login to comment