Updated PDQ Inventory, now it doesn't start.

Updated to 16.6, seems like it didn't do a database migration correctly.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Inventory\CrashLog-PDQInventoryConsole-2019-02-07T12_53_18.8750152+01_00.txt
UNIQUE constraint failed: Versions.Version
Database = C:\ProgramData\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Inventory\log.db
Error Code = SQLITE_CONSTRAINT
SQL = create unique index if not exists UX_Versions_Version on Versions (Version)
Column Names = Versions.Version
Sqlite Connection Elapsed = 00:02:05.9485602
SQL = create unique index if not exists UX_Versions_Version on Versions (Version)
Sqlite Connection Elapsed = 00:02:05.9485602

It doesn't start at all, just throws an application error in the event viewer. What do i do from here? Repair in installer doesn't help.

Cancel
login to comment

I deleted the log database and now it works. Great job.

Cancel
login to comment

Yeah, sorry about that. This is a bug we're investigating. You found our recommended workaround of deleting/renaming the log.db file.

Cancel
login to comment

Isn't the bug because you already have an unique id named IX_Versions_Version? Or some collision like that.

Cancel
login to comment

Just thought I'd chime in as well. I was running version 16.5 and trying to run the installer to 16.6. The installer would simply crash after I consented to the UAC prompt. I saw the above comments and renamed the log.db file and everything ran smoothly thereafter.

FYI, the information from the Windows event log:

Event #1/3:

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Inventory\16.6.0.0\CrashLog-PDQInventorySetupPrep-
2019-03-15T10_14_23.6632598-04_00.txt
Sqlite Connection Elapsed = 00:00:00.9062556
   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.<TryLogLastwillAndTestamentInternal>g__SerializeError|19_1(StringBuilder msg, Exception err)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.TryLogLastwillAndTestamentInternal(Exception error, String message, String crashLogFileName, Boolean retryOnEventLogError)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.TryLogLastWillAndTestament(Exception ex)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo..ctor()
   at AdminArsenal.LibraryProgramInfo..ctor()
   at AdminArsenal.ProductProgramInfo..ctor(ProductCode productCode, Int32 defaultTcpPort)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at AdminArsenal.ReflectionExtensions.Instantiate(Type type, Object[] args)
   at AdminArsenal.ReflectionExtensions.Instantiate[T](Type type)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.Initialize[T]()
   at AdminArsenal.PDQInventory.Program..cctor()
   at AdminArsenal.PDQInventory.Program.Main(String[] args)

Event #2/3:

Application: PDQInventorySetupPrep.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The application requested process termination through System.Environment.FailFast(string message).
Message: C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Inventory\16.6.0.0\CrashLog-PDQInventorySetupPrep-2019-03-15T10_14_23.6632598-04_00.txt
   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.<TryLogLastwillAndTestamentInternal>g__SerializeError|19_1(StringBuilder msg, Exception err)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.TryLogLastwillAndTestamentInternal(Exception error, String message, String crashLogFileName, Boolean retryOnEventLogError)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.TryLogLastWillAndTestament(Exception ex)
   at AdminArsenal.ProductProgramInfo..ctor(ProductCode productCode, Int32 defaultTcpPort)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at AdminArsenal.ReflectionExtensions.Instantiate(Type type, Object[] args)
   at AdminArsenal.ReflectionExtensions.Instantiate[T](Type type)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.Initialize[T]()
   at AdminArsenal.PDQInventory.Program.Main(String[] args)

Stack:
   at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String, System.Exception)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.TryLogLastwillAndTestamentInternal(System.Exception, System.String, System.String, Boolean)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.TryLogLastWillAndTestament(System.Exception)
   at AdminArsenal.ProductProgramInfo..ctor(AdminArsenal.ProductCode, Int32)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at AdminArsenal.ReflectionExtensions.Instantiate(System.Type, System.Object[])
   at AdminArsenal.ReflectionExtensions.Instantiate[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Type)
   at AdminArsenal.ProgramInfo.Initialize[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]()
   at AdminArsenal.PDQInventory.Program.Main(System.String[])

Event #3/3:

Faulting application name: PDQInventorySetupPrep.exe, version: 16.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c59eac1
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x80131623
Fault offset: 0x00007ff7bd82ecfc
Faulting process id: 0x320
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4db3962fb7ce4
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Inventory\16.6.0.0\PDQInventorySetupPrep.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: d058af00-2e67-4585-9fbc-f9f8e4a9d846
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Cancel
login to comment

what was the ultimate solution to this? I have been back and forth with support, including a db repair and upload. Issue persists. I also tried to do a db restore from a recent BU, no dice. Also tried deleting the log file, same result. The tech I have been working with is great I just wanted to see if there was something else I can try while the issue is being looked at on PDQs side. Thanks

It looks like you were actually running into a different problem. Your database had a null entry in the AutoReports table that the console didn't know how to handle. Hopefully the fixed database Solutions sent you solves the problem

Cancel
login to comment