Trigger when PC changes from External to Internal?

Hello, is it possible to trigger a deployment when an agent changes from External to Internal? One of the reasons that this would be useful is that for some reason, when many of our laptops boot and connect to our internal wifi the agent shows them as external for a few minutes then switches to internal.. since the agent starts as External the schedules with the Heartbeat trigger do not deploy.. When the agent finally switches to internal, the heartbeat still doesn't trigger since the offline status already changed while agent was external..

Hopefully that makes sense.. Thanks!

Oh just thought of another scenario.. is it possible to trigger a deploy on AD sync as well? When a new system is sync'd in via AD sync heartbeat triggers don't start on those either until the system goes offline then back online again.. kind of annoying.. Thanks!

Cancel
login to comment

No clue on the AD Sync. May be possible with powershell.

I would submit a ticket to support requesting the feature to deploy when agent status changes. This seems like a good idea to me and could see others using this as well.

There is a workaround that may do the job. Create two collections, one for external and internal. Link the Internal collection to a schedule that runs every hour or so and include the packages to install. This should check every hour for internal computers and deploy packages.

Cancel
login to comment

Would love to hear any kind of answer to this as I have the same question. A couple of out external machines come up and down so often that there is no reliability in deploying packages to them until them become internal. I would love to see some kind of trigger of a machine going from external to internal that could be used to initiate installs.

Cancel
login to comment