Report to find software with update available?

I'm looking for a way to create a report that will show applications that have an update available that haven't taken it yet. I've seen the video at https://support.pdq.com/knowledge-base/1666 (Tutorial: Use PDQ Inventory to Track Software Versions), but that would require creating a variable for each application and then being having to update that variable every time an update comes out.

PDQ Deploy seems to have that information in it. Is there a way to pull the latest version number from Deploy and get it in to Inventory so we can see what machines have software that can take an update?

Short version: we are looking to create a report that will reveal PCs with apps that are out of date.

Help?

Cancel
login to comment

Well, I found a bit of a workaround that is getting the job done for now. I've created a report that filters "all" for "Member of Collection" "Name" "Contains" "(Old)".

This gives me a single report that shows everything that has something in one of the predefined "old" collections. Then, I can group by Application to see in the report. It'll do for now. 😃

Cancel
login to comment

I've done something similar but a bit more specific. This gives us computer and the specific application that is out of date: enter image description here Some of these were tweaked for our environment.

Cancel
login to comment