Create Vendor

Is it possible to create a vendor so that you can have your software update automatically when new versions are released? If not, this would be a great feature to add to a future release!

Cancel
login to comment

I'm not sure I understand what you're describing, would you be able to provide some additional details about the goal of your request?

Cancel
login to comment

Sorry, I'm a bit new at this. So under Package Library, you have a listing of Vendors and the packages that auto-update. Is it possible to create one of those on our own or is that only a PDQ function?

Cancel
login to comment

Ah, yes those are Packages we've added to the Package Library and are updated/maintained by our team here.

Currently, there is no ability to add a Auto-Download package on your own with features in the program.

You can create your own standard package however.

Cancel
login to comment

That would be a great feature to have included in a future release, if possible. If you take a look at Ketarin, the sole purpose of that is to download the latest versions of software packages that you can configure yourself. I think it could help keep the burden off of you in that people like myself wouldn't bother you with these kinds of requests. 😉

Cancel
login to comment

I installed Ketarin and setup a couple of items to download automatically to the repository. I'm also setting up a scheduled task to run the program at regular intervals silently. What I'd like to do is when the task completes, run another task to check the file properties in those directories and if the LastWriteTime is greater than 1 day, run the MSG command to notify of a new file download. Anyone know how to write that in PowerShell? I'm still very new at that so I only know how to read the file at this point. 😕

Cancel
login to comment